Radar Jobs: Media Coordinator
THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY
If you’re looking for a job where your career, your passion, and your sense of fun are all important then Radar is the right place for you. At Radar, we’ve built a successful brand based on delivering award-winning creative, world-class customer service and the best quality available today. And, by hiring people who share our vision, we’ve created a place where people enjoy coming to work.
THIS IS WHO WE WANT
We define Media Coordinator as a “Media Ninja.” Someone who is surgical with media. Ideally, this person is a jack of all trades but their main focus is content workflow, design and execution. This is a full-time position at Radar’s offices in Burbank, California.
A TYPICAL WEEK AT RADAR
Monday: unarchive a past project from LTO and restore to the Radar RAID; encode the video for Vimeo and upload the file; help a client with their keynote/PowerPoint deck
Tuesday: Prep a 5D camera package; make a few phone calls for an upcoming project out of state; lay in a temp VO and music track for an editor
Wednesday: Photoshop a few pics for the website; update a new header on a MailChimp blast; help out on a film shoot
Thursday: Design an event poster for an upcoming project; backup raw media from yesterday’s shoot; encode to ProRes LT for editing; FedEx a hard drive to the editor
Friday: Finalize the PowerPoint deck for a client; send final artwork to the printer; return film equipment to rental house in LA; photoshop some more pics
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
– Strong technical and executional abilities with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Keynote, PowerPoint, Final Cut Pro, etc.
– Knowledge of Data Management (there is on-the-job training for this) with RAID & LTO.
– Must work fast and know how to multi-task in a busy creative environment.
– Great sense of humor, an even better imagination.
– Loves telling a good story, can encourage others, works well in a team.
– A certain amount of maturity, vision, humility and enthusiasm.
– A problem solver.
– There is some out-of-town travel associated with this position (approx 15-20 days a year).
– Basic knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress a plus.
THIS IS HOW YOU APPLY
Applicants must submit the following materials for consideration:
– A succinct, well-written email with a personal introduction and explanation of what you hope to gain by working at Radar.
– Include links to some of your favorite print and video work. Applicants without a reel/portfolio will not be considered.
– Please attach a resume detailing your education, work experience, and general skill-sets
– No large files via email please.
– Include some references if possible.
– Please email jobs@radarLA.com.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.
Radar makes award-winning custom content for live events and the web. We’re deeply committed to helping brands connect with their audiences using media and live events.
We make compelling & evocative custom content for live events and the web. Our award-winning creative team handles all aspects of your transmedia projects including development, pre-production, production, post & distribution.
We handle complex corporate communications for some of today’s biggest brands and have experience managing campaigns for live events, web, email, social, mobile and out of home.
On-Site Event Management
Events today require months of strategic planning & flawless execution. Our on-site teams manage the stage, work with executives, call shows and manage media across multiple platforms & formats.